Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CEOs Solve Problems So They Can Move On And Stay Focused

I entered BK's fast track program, knowing the move to Burger King required a cut in pay, loss of stock options, working irregular hours (including weekends), learning a new business, and learning the operation from A to Z. These were not problems, because I knew about them up front. The real challenge came later, overcoming what I didn't anticipate: resentment, sabotage, and a conspiracy to get me fired!
In retrospect, not anticipating these obstacles may have been a blessing in disguise, because had I expected them up front, I might have lost sight of my dream. Instead, I focused on the problems as they came to light.

 
That's what CEOs do all the time - solve problems so they can move on and stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment